Hey guys, I haven't had a lot of time but I was able to go over the driver's side bank yesterday (decided to just go side to side instead of by firing order because I suspected the lash only opened up on P side rockers).

Sure enough, almost all the rockers on the driver's side were still good, within 1 or 2 thousandths of where I lashed them last.

I only got to cylinder 2 on the passenger side and the lash was opened by about 6 thousandths from where I set them last. I notice the adjuster nut seemed easier to break loose than the others (I torque them all with a torque wrench to 20ft lbs when I do them) but it was still fairly tight. I didn't note anything on the adjuster, I mean they are used adjusters and I can see a little light scuff on the ball but nothing glaringly obvious, no sign of heat or anything like that. Rocker end of the pushrod looked OK too.

Shafts hold downs were tight.

Spinning the motor over by hand it spins completely freely (almost spins too freely if that is possible lol) and I don't hear any strange noises or grinding coming from anywhere in the lifter area.

I'll check the rest today and will also try to get to the leak down test. anything else I should look for?

Last edited by 1mean340; 10/14/18 02:13 PM.