Front grille was removed as part of the engine extraction. Took the opportunity to disassemble, clean, paint some of the internal metal supports. Then reassemble using a repro vacuum harness and front lights electrical harness.

In pic1 below note the blue wires running adjacent to the light harness. Interesting story about these. The original owner was on a return trip at night from Disneyland in late 70s with his date and suddenly lost the headlights. He pulled over and found the front light harness melted a bit, apparently a short condition. He had the blue wires in the trunk, so used them to bypass the headlight harness. They remained on duty until I replaced them with the repro harness.

As I've done with all my mopars, I took this opportunity to do the ISO relay upgrade for the headlights, essentially channeling power directly from the battery to the headlight circuit via high power relay controlled by the OE dash headlight switch. This avoids running headlight current through the firewall 50yr old bulkhead connector.

ltinsfender_b4.jpgCircuit.jpg
Last edited by 70runner; 10/08/18 06:10 PM.