My neighbor and I quickly set about getting the Charger ready to run. We decided to replace the gas tank with a new repro, clean out the gas lines, plugs, oil, et al. I mounted the orig carb on my 70RR 383 and it checked out fine. So we got it running and my neighbor enjoyed it.

The only rust on the car was the trunk floor (of course), and minor issues behind the rear window near the moldings. The front valance was pretty beat up from the camping trips, along with the usual dings. He decided to have the rear window shelf area, valance, and dings repaired, with a repaint. I went with him to the body shop to discuss the work. He decided not to have the engine bay repainted. While this work was going on, he managed to find some NOS green vinyl material to replace the orig vinyl top. This all occurred during 2012. Later my neighbor retired, and moved to northern California.

On 30Oct15 I received an email from him, giving me first shot at the Charger as he was going to sell it. My daughter wanted it, so we made the deal and had it shipped to Temecula CA. We picked it up on 22Nov15 and drove it to my place for inspection. We stopped enroute and took picture of Charger and new owner.

wKa.jpgUnload_Temecula.jpg
Last edited by 70runner; 10/07/18 07:29 PM.