I think a lot of guys miss the point of the competetion, it is a contest for engine builders that eliminates the variability of a car, track, driver, all that stuff just to see who knows how to make the most power.

Another way to do it would be use one car and swap everyones engine in it over the course of a few days but conditions could change a lot over the course of a day so even that might not be fair so the dyno competetion seems the best way to compare engine builders to engine builders.

You could also have another contest for car builders, use say 10 of the exact same engines and have car builders build a car to see who can make the fastest car with the same engine.

The engine masters contest is to have a competetion between engine builders plain and simple. Who can make the most power witin given parameters. It compares one aspect of what makes good cars. If you want to see how entire cars compare then go to a race track any weekend and watch em. All the belly aching about "well I dont think thats going to be fast in a real car" is pointless, totally misses the point of the contest. I dont get why thats so hard to comprehend.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!