A whole lot of this years attrition was due to the weather. There was several people who threw in the towel in fear of the hurricane or having to travel through weather on the way home. I'll be honest I was pretty grumpy about the whole deal on monday after being rained out in the lanes, and being soaked all the way through my wallet while loading the car, then driving in the rain for 260 miles. A sunny sky and my first official 10 second drag week pass turned things around for me lol.

There is just lots you can't plan for. Six drag weeks payed off for me this year and we didn't have to turn a wrench on the car all week other than a lash check. But I never go into it thinking it is going to be easy.

Like said before the route is the real test. I was real glad I upgraded to rear disc this year, and I actually wished I had an LBA valve body just for the engine braking if needed. Who would ever guess a car with a 4.10 gear, in 2nd gear, would also need help from the brakes to slow down at 35mph?

68 Barracuda Formula S 340