Originally Posted By AeroMonte
I am doing a Hellcat swap into a 71 Barracuda as you all know. I am using a Holley EFI computer and harness. The original blow off for the supercharger uses a Jeep throttle body that is controlled by the computer to relieve pressure back into the intake. The Holley system cannot duplicate this function. What I have worked out, and I am no engineer, is a vacuum controlled turbo blow off valve that is plumbed back to the intake just behind the engines throttle body into an extension we fabricated. Will this work or am I overlooking something? By moving the throttle body 6-8 inches farther away from the intake, will that affect anything? I've thought about this so much I am starting to second guess myself. I know one of you out there understands I hope and can explain the technical stuff for me.

AeroMonte,
I hate to say it but this seems like a wasted effort. While the supercharger might use the same size throttle body as a particular Jeep application, the logic is reversed. It is essentially programmed inverse of the inlet throttle body, so when the inlet tb sees ~4.8V it is completely open and when the bypass tb sees ~4.8V it is completely closed. Even the Whipple 4.5L supercharger for the Hellcat/Demon utilizes the stock bypass valve.

The reason that FCA does it this way is so they can program the bypass tb to completely close at a certain throttle position to build boost when they want, and when you let off the throttle, the bypass will snap open, recirculating the compressed air. "E-actuators" are the new age of wastegate actuators are the same way. The Eaton/Magnuson/Edelbrock roots superchargers use a more simple (and less expensive) pressure pneumatic actuator with a light spring that it has to overcome. It works, but isn't programmable like the one on the Hellcat/Demon superchargers.

Again, the factory system would have worked just fine.

knyech1- '71 Sassy Grass Demon 340/904. Pump gas, 1.61 60ft, 7.439 1/8 @ 95mph, 11.824 1/4 @ 111mph "Not too bad for a pump gas 340, full of used parts and hillbilly ported stock heads." - V.B. '03 2500 5.9L HO 6-spd on 35's. 395hp/755ft-lb at tires.