Have a buddy with an old drag/street car. Been running Sportsmans with tubes on old Centerlines with screws in the rims. He's finally scraped enough money together to put tubeless radials on it and ditch the tires with cords showing.

What kind of issues, I mean, has anyone done the swap, and what kind of sealing issue is there with the holes remaining?

Have one guy that currently works for, and used to work for another, major wheel manufacturer that said to not use the screws with the radials. I have another friend with a tubbed car and his own shop/business, that said to either cut the screws down for the radials, or run the tubes and the cut down screws with the radials.

I suggested having the holes welded up, but I have a feeling he'd be unhappy with what it would look like, plus, he probably can't come up with the $100 or so, to have the local shop do it. Not even sure his old tubes will fit the new tires, as he's gone a hair smaller in size to avoid rubbing.

Wheel guy mentioned filling the holes with silicone. Buddy mentioned cutting down the screw heads and using silicone to attach them. Um, I don't want those things coming off anywhere around me or anyone I know.

Your thoughts? What would you do? What would you do if you had no money?

I'll see if I have a picture somewhere that shows the wheels. My concern is the angle at which the holes were drilled, I'm concerned about sealing with the tubeless tires.

20151114_125918_resized cropped.jpg
Last edited by igozumn; 09/03/18 01:53 PM.