I don't know what people were calling them at drag strips or in speed shops, but B-W started calling their new version of the T-10 the "Super T-10" in the mid '70s.
Chevies generally used Muncies or Saginaw 4-speeds from 1963 until 1974. The Muncies came in two gear ratios, 2.52 and 2.20. The famous M-22 "Rock Crusher" was the strongest with its 2.20 First and straight cut gears, but they were few and far between and weren't all that strong,, meaning a healthy big block could kill one. The Saginaw 4-speed with its cast iron case was the worst as applying too much torque in a certain gear would cause it to slip out of gear. They were only used on lower perf vehicles or behind lower perf engines.
The T-10 was used behind engines from all manufacturers and came in a variety of gear ratios and input shaft stickout lengths. The Super T-10 was stock in Chevies but was also sold by speed shops and I don't know what configurations they were made in. As the chart posted above showed, they were available in four flavors as far as gear ratios. I remember there were arguments at the time about which flavor would work best for which engine/car combination.

The Hemi 4-speed was the gearbox of choice for serious drag racers, except for the Ford faithful who preferred the Top Loader.

R.

Last edited by dogdays; 08/13/18 04:07 PM.