Originally Posted By Runner2go

Still have and original overhead and full wiring harness laying around that I had kind of gave up on...
But seeing that panel has kind of peaked my interest a little... although not for this year.

one of the main reasons I started to offer the consoles, was having customers or myself deal with original consoles that were warped/misshapen because of long term improper storage, or being attached to original fiberboard headliners that had sagged/misshapen over the years/decades causing the consoles to alter their profile, or just being so fragile they disintegrate from being handled while refurbishing them, I have approx a half dozen original consoles, that appear in excellent condition, yet when their side profiles are compared to one another they all vary in shape/profile, making their fitment to a new/repro headliner involving some form of reshaping so that the console to headliner fit is uniform in appearance...

So I generally recommend a console if you know yours is badly misshapen,disintegrated,or you don't wish to rework it, or just wish to upgrade from the fiberboard/pressed cardboard to a fiberglass based repro.

Mike