FWIW: I just found this forum and pics of my former car.

I purchased the car that has been mentioned in this thread from Jim Stewart of Milton, Pennsylvania in 1999. Jim had finished restoring the 'cyber cuda' shortly before I purchased it. He had also procured a parts car to help with the restoration. A set of doors with window glass and a bunch of parts were included in the sale to me. I ultimately gave those to a buddy who was fixing up a Barracuda GC.I have a pair of pictures somewhere that Jim gave me showing the grill, hood and driver's side prior to restoration. The original paint was rough at that point. Grill on the car was argent ... color-keyed grill was an option for my color Rallye Red, but I didn't think all got that treatment = correct?

This was my dream car and I thought I'd keep it forever, but ultimately only kept it for 2 years because of family reasons. (Yes, I wish I still had it now). I did take it to the Mopar Nats in 2000 and that little yellow decal was still on the front windshield last time I saw the car in the Southern Motors video. I sold it to Bob Malcom, the former long-time dealer in Peebles, OH in 2001. They kept it for more than a decade and it was even mentioned in the 'Plum Crazy' video by Throttle TV when they visited the Malcom's collection. I am aware of it being sold 2 times since then, including from Southern Motors in 2015 (shown in a video earlier in this thread). No idea since then.

The car ran well, but #7 plug would often foul if you were not patient about initial warm up or once warm, to restart and let idle for a few moments before driving. I always kept extra spark plugs and a long socket set in the trunk. I assumed the Jet-Hot coated header that bent up to to allow room for the steering rack was just too close and too hot.

Just wanted to add a few notes on my past car since it was mentioned. I no longer have the website showing the V21 specs, but was glad to see it was posted here. Hopefully that can help someone in the future.

Gotta say, as cool as a '70 or '71 'cuda would be to have with a big block, I thought the '72 with the V21 hood paint and the scalloped '72 side stripes were my favorite design combo on the e-body cars.

Blaine
the 'Nati

Last edited by BLaine Kelley; 07/30/18 05:06 PM.