Originally Posted By Bad340fish
Originally Posted By HotRodDave
I am not sure how stripped out it is, its a little lighter, and it likely has navigation, and AC and all that stuff that can be installed at zero weight penalty because the screen is already there. I thought they came with both seats and the back seat was optional, but the videos I saw were all one seaters.

Will anything else run 11.70s off the showroom floor for less than $50K? And I am sure Chrysler is the only one willing to warranty a car that they WANT you to drag race.

You can add AC with zero weight? Can you use helium for freon to negate the weight of the compressor, condensor, hoses, receiver drier, longer belt, evaporator...?

I think most people will order with those things including the seats so may not be cost effective to not add parts but they are leaving seats out so once you do that in my opinion it is a race car and all accessories are slowing you down.

Anyone know how many demons were ordered without the "extra" seats? Was it all the guys who cant quite get it to run as fast as advertised or the ones running the numbers?

The AC isn't adding any weight at all, because every single car comes with it. They won't take it off because it adds production cost to do so. So go buy one, take the AC off yourself and watch it go 11.65 instead of 11.70.

Originally Posted By Blusmbl
Will anything else run 11.70s off the showroom floor for less than $50K? And I am sure Chrysler is the only one willing to warranty a car that they WANT you to drag race.

Hot Rod ran 11.80's with a stock 2018 Mustang GT/10 speed auto. Close but not quite.

Those cares are pretty damned impressive!

Careful there you'll get mobbed. I like mine a lot!

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.