Moparts

Anyone else see this?

Posted By: justinp61

Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 05:39 AM

It looks like Dodge may be trying to get more little guys in their new drag cars. I may work a few more years after all.

Sorry guys you will have to copay and paste, I couldn't post the link.

http://tracking.tenpubs.com/t?r=4035&c=12758&l=6&ctl=56B40:FB14842C96450600913AA53D588813DC762DFB16DFBF1C68&&wc_mid=4035:12758&wc_rid=4035:1111422
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
It looks like Dodge may be trying to get more little guys in their new drag cars. I may work a few more years after all.

Sorry guys you will have to copay and paste, I couldn't post the link.

http://tracking.tenpubs.com/t?r=4035&c=12758&l=6&ctl=56B40:FB14842C96450600913AA53D588813DC762DFB16DFBF1C68&&wc_mid=4035:12758&wc_rid=4035:1111422
copy and paste NO WORKY

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 02:46 PM

Try this.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/details-released-dodges-new-challenger-scat-pack-1320/

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 03:19 PM

North of 45,000 work
Posted By: cdwmotorsports

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 03:48 PM

Well at least its better than 100,000
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 04:08 PM

Well I like it but ------ now they are going to get blasted as to why not make one for the 660 group -- whistling

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By cdwmotorsports
Well at least its better than 100,000
thats what im thinkin,11.70 off the floor it shouldnt take too much to get her in the high tens.
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 04:59 PM

I wonder what else they leave out besides the seats.

Be interesting to see what kinds of times buyers report from them in totally stock trim.
Posted By: fbs63

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 05:10 PM

I'm really surprised they didn't up the hp a bit. Cool car though.

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By max_maniac
Well I like it but ------ now they are going to get blasted as to why not make one for the 660 group -- whistling

Na, anything that will rin 1320' will be fine for 660', if a guy knows how to drive. whistling
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/20/18 11:58 PM

Na, anything that will rin 1320' will be fine for 660', if a guy knows how to drive. whistling

True, but if I pay the whole entry fee, I don't want to run half the track. I want the whole ride. stirthepot
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 12:03 AM

'Course if John Force Jr. can get it to the 660 without hitting the wall, he has a pretty good chance of making it the rest of the way. stirthepot shruggy

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister

True, but if I pay the whole entry fee, I don't want to run half the track. I want the whole ride. stirthepot

Fair enough. I suppose it would be nice to light a smoke and think about what you're going to do the next day while you drive the back half. fan biggrin
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 12:54 AM

I wonder what it weighs? work
Posted By: Porter67

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 01:52 AM

I for one think they have about run out of udders on the challenge cow to milk.

Enough is enough... time to get a bit more inventive.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By CMcAllister

Fair enough. I suppose it would be nice to light a smoke and think about what you're going to do the next day while you drive the back half. fan biggrin

Some of us dont get to drive fast very often so we would like it to last as long as possible yet as short as possible at the same time.

If your car is boring in the last 1/2 of the race it aint fast enough.

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 02:17 AM

As far as weight removal once you remove all the other seats you might as well ditch all the sound insulation, air bags(at least for the other passengers), sun roof, AC, heater, and a million other things you don't need in a race car because nobody is going to make it a daily driver with only one seat. Anyone know how many demons were sold with only one seat? I bet very few and they will be the collectible ones in 30 years.

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 07:21 PM

It'll be interesting to see how these cars sell and perform when they are in the hands of the average guy.

Dave I'm sure right about the back half. My pump gas small block only runs 6.30's in the 1/8 so I could take a little nap in the back half.

BTW, what does your's run?
Posted By: dvw

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 07:37 PM

Dizusters 2016 Scat Pack Challenger just ran 12.01 in 90 degree temp. Race weight 4525, leaving from an idle. Weighs 4300 w/o driver. It has a tuner box and sticky 18" radial. Nothing else. The race versions of the Challenger can easily get down to 3100-3200 w/o driver. This is with a stock style interior except for seats, cage, and solid rear axle assy, power windows hinged hood.
Doug
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 10:16 PM

Lost my interest at automatic only.
Posted By: Bob J

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/21/18 11:13 PM

Come on Dodge, how fast would this be if they made this at 3300 lbs and not 4300 lbs
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/22/18 02:16 PM

rick rondys drag pack challenger weighs 3300 pounds with power windows
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/22/18 03:27 PM

I guess nobody realizes that they can't make the challenger much lighter, the Demon is a good example of that. If they added more aluminum and added some carbon fiber people would then [censored] about the price. There is loads of safety crap that is heavy and is not optional for a road going car, it has to have it to be sold as street legal. The Challenger is a big car, it is going to be heavy.

That being said I think it is a pretty cool option. How cool is that someone is making a car designed to be raced on the weekends at the drag strip? If I was in the market for a daily driver this would be on my radar for sure.

Oh and for the 660 guys maybe they will offer one with only the first 4 gears and smaller brakes, that costs the same as the full package.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/22/18 03:41 PM

How long does that very expensive euphoria last? Until someone else shows up with another one. Then it's the great wallet comparison.
Just like when everyone bought a new '64 GTO.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/22/18 03:50 PM

With that trans, it's a perfect 660' car. At least you'd have to pay attention for around 6.5 seconds.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/25/18 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By bonefish
North of 45,000 work

Not a "hater", just an observer... with an opinion:

1. It's not fast enough for the price, if it's really supposed to be a dual-purpose car off the showroom. For close to $50K, it should be a solid 10-sec 'stripper" model, N/A or not.

2. It's not fast enough for the silly "Only comes with one seat" kwap, either.

Makes me wonder what info the Marketing Department is using to map the product to the target audience.

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/25/18 11:33 PM

I am not sure how stripped out it is, its a little lighter, and it likely has navigation, and AC and all that stuff that can be installed at zero weight penalty because the screen is already there. I thought they came with both seats and the back seat was optional, but the videos I saw were all one seaters.

Will anything else run 11.70s off the showroom floor for less than $50K? And I am sure Chrysler is the only one willing to warranty a car that they WANT you to drag race.

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/26/18 01:17 AM

My understanding after reading the link was that the passengers and rear seat is optional at a $1 cost.

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/26/18 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By Bad340fish
I am not sure how stripped out it is, its a little lighter, and it likely has navigation, and AC and all that stuff that can be installed at zero weight penalty because the screen is already there. I thought they came with both seats and the back seat was optional, but the videos I saw were all one seaters.

Will anything else run 11.70s off the showroom floor for less than $50K? And I am sure Chrysler is the only one willing to warranty a car that they WANT you to drag race.

You can add AC with zero weight? Can you use helium for freon to negate the weight of the compressor, condensor, hoses, receiver drier, longer belt, evaporator...?

I think most people will order with those things including the seats so may not be cost effective to not add parts but they are leaving seats out so once you do that in my opinion it is a race car and all accessories are slowing you down.

Anyone know how many demons were ordered without the "extra" seats? Was it all the guys who cant quite get it to run as fast as advertised or the ones running the numbers?
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/26/18 02:45 AM

Hot Rod ran 11.80's with a stock 2018 Mustang GT/10 speed auto. Close but not quite.

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/26/18 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By HotRodDave

You can add AC with zero weight? Can you use helium for freon to negate the weight of the compressor, condensor, hoses, receiver drier, longer belt, evaporator...?

I think most people will order with those things including the seats so may not be cost effective to not add parts but they are leaving seats out so once you do that in my opinion it is a race car and all accessories are slowing you down.

Anyone know how many demons were ordered without the "extra" seats? Was it all the guys who cant quite get it to run as fast as advertised or the ones running the numbers?

The AC isn't adding any weight at all, because every single car comes with it. They won't take it off because it adds production cost to do so. So go buy one, take the AC off yourself and watch it go 11.65 instead of 11.70.

Originally Posted By Blusmbl

Hot Rod ran 11.80's with a stock 2018 Mustang GT/10 speed auto. Close but not quite.

Those cares are pretty damned impressive!
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/26/18 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By HotRodDave

The AC isn't adding any weight at all, because every single car comes with it. They won't take it off because it adds production cost to do so. So go buy one, take the AC off yourself and watch it go 11.65 instead of 11.70.

Originally Posted By Blusmbl

Those cares are pretty damned impressive!

Careful there you'll get mobbed. I like mine a lot!
Posted By: fast68plymouth

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/26/18 04:45 PM

Be interesting to see what the “real world” results are from true off-the-showroom-floor examples in the hands of the buying public.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Anyone else see this? - 07/26/18 08:17 PM

Mine went 7.90 at 93 in the 1/8 just like it came. Couple thousand miles on it. At a well prepped track, on a great day it's certainly capable of 11's. Mine has the 3.15 gears rather than the 3.55. 1400' density altitude.
© 2024 Moparts Forums