Quote:

I agree. There is nothing wrong with receiving payment with the part.
Your reputation will work for you....

Hey Jules,
I had a few folks question (on the phone this afternoon) my comment about compensation and business practices. I wasn’t sure why!? Are there ANY businesses out there that provide a service or product without some form of compensation? When was the last time anyone walked into MacDonald’s, ordered their meal and walked out without paying? When you go to Wal-Mart or any other retail establishment, can you leave with the merchandise and tell them you will come back later to settle up? I went to pickup a “carry out” food order from an Outback restaurant. I didn’t get to leave with the food without paying for it! I also picked up some auto paint from my paint jobber. Same drill!! I paid before I was able to walk away with the product. Try calling Year One, National Parts Depot or any other restoration house and see if you can get your parts shipped without paying for the parts. What businesses are people referring to where you can walk out with a product and have the leisure of coming back later to tell whether or not you intend to pay?