Originally Posted By Sport440
Definitely over inflate them by a little bit by 10#s or so.

I’m not going to “over inflate” my trailer tires.... especially if I’m leaving town this time of year where ambient temps are 110+ and the road temps reach 150. That and along with the dry climate is trailer tire he77 my friends.

I usually run 80-85 (95 max) on my current set of Load Star (Kenda) 16” ST tires. The 2 spares I now have are G (110 max). The tires alone are over 50lb. I’ll buy two more next year and rotate them on to the trailer and keep 2 of the old tires for spares. Those tires actually rate higher than the wheels they’re on.

I still find it difficult to keep tires more than 3 years down here. I keep them covered with those white lined covers that stretch over the tires. When I had 15” tires, I was lucky to get 2.

My biggest prob is that I had one tire that used to run 10-12 degrees warmer than the rest. “IF”....well, when I’d lose a tire it would be that one. Of course the next one would be the poor single tire that took the brunt of the load while the other one was dying. I ended up finding a trailer repair place and had the measuring points from cargo mate in hand. We ended up replacing one axle and upgraded the leaf springs hardware to a newer Dexter design that is fully greasable. So far 2400 miles and perfect tire wear and dead even tire temps.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Suspension/Dexter-Axle/K71-653-00.html