I don’t necessarily agree that the 82951 carburetor would work satisfactorily at wot in its ootb configuration........ since I’ve never tried one myself.
I’ve tested enough carbs on the dyno over the years to know that sometimes they don’t.

I know someone who recently dyno tested a 505 with a new XP950 which had all kinds of issues(and required jets well over 100 to get the wot a/f ratio in line).

Recently, on Brads motor, several of the carbs we ran were still on the lean side at wot, and horribly rich at part throttle...... in large part to the giant jets.
These were far enough off that pvcr tuning wasn’t going to cure them.

There were obviously no “other issues” with fuel delivery or the test equipment, as not all the carbs tested showed these tendencies.
Sometimes it’s simply a poorly executed carb configuration.

As an example, the old 4500 3 circuit carbs(pre-HP design) had a tough time flowing enough fuel through the metering blocks and boosters in large ci high HP applications.
The area of the main well, minus the area taken up by the idle tube was about the size of a 97-98 jet.
Trying to increase the jetting beyond that showed essentially no difference.
If you happened to have a combo that would work with jets that were 97-100, the part throttle operation was often in the 7’s or 8’s a/f ratio.

This was an inherent design problem with those carbs.

Remove the idle tubes, ream out the main well, increase the diameter of the crossover leg, increase the booster feed hole size...... and you could have the a/f ratio at wot be richer by a couple of points, which would allow you to take a bunch of jet out..... which would clean up the part throttle operation.

There are several areas along the path the fuel travels within the carb that can greatly impact the ability of the jet to be the true determining factor in how much fuel can get through the circuit...... especially when the demand is high.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads