Originally Posted By 1964Polara
Hello,

I've got excessive fuel consumption and needed to change the main jets a lot on my 950cfm Holley 4150 carb so that it didn't get lean on WOT. Currently 99 in the secondaries and 92 on the first circuit. Holley Carb Tech line claims I've got insufficient booster signal for my combo and carb would be to big for my application.

They suggested to switch to a 870 Street Avenger with vacuum secondaries but I'd first like to try to get the job done with my 950cfm. So pls school me choosing the right Booster.

Summit offers AED Boosters in this size:
0.136 0.140 0.160 0.180

Thats my combo:
500cui RB, 11,5:1 with OOTB 440source heads, Hughes flat tapped hydraulic cam with 256/260 duration and .600 lift with 1,6 Roller Rockers. 950cfm Holley carb and Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake manifold, Headers and 3' TTI Exhaust. 2,76 Rear Axle and 1800RPM Converter. I know the heads are limiting me currently so I might upgrade those in the future thats why I wanna keep the 950 carb as well. The intention of the car is high speed highway driving in germany. I don't care about 60foot times etc. It needs to hook from 60 up to 150mph on the highway!

Many thanx in advance

Holley is wrong. Again.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston