Originally Posted By B3422W5
Few years back on a Saturday night at Monster Mopar i was racing in no box 4th round. Norwalk. Some here probably remember this.
Was about three car lengths behind the guy i was chasing down, he broke out ultra bad( still cant figure that out) just as i crossed the finish line on a 10.01 pass, i went immediately toward the wall in the left lane.
I did an excellent job( in hindsight) saving the car from hitting the wall. Got it back to the middle, handled a couple major wiggles, and got it slowed down. Lots of smoke in the rearview mirror, and oops, zero oil pressure.
Wix oil filter let go.
Back in the pits i am white as a sheet sitting on a trailer while an army of friends jack up the car start brake cleaning under it, all over was oil , and Chuck Millen from Best Machine( who built the motor) offers up fresh oil and a filter. Must have been 50 guys around by this time, all helping in one fashion or another. Tires off, cleaning brakes, you name it, oil had gotten on it.
At this point i had zero intention of continuing on in eliminations while the track was getting cleaned up from my mess before the next round. Frankly a little shellshocked and nervous.
Somebody said, forget who it was now.... “ get back in that car now or you never will”
I ultimately got back in it, drove around the pits trying to find something wrong so i could avoid going back to the staging lanes.
I went back, zero issues ever again with that motor, that night, or at all until couple years later it was due for a freshen up due to amount of laps on it.
So, results can vary.
I remember that night, that's been a while back, lol.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.