Nothing has changed with the motor. I think that it was always doing this, I just never noticed. I kept thinking it was the valve cover gaskets. I think eventually the breathers got too saturated with oil and it became real noticeable. It always did smoke a little. Was very annoying. It would come and go. Probably just depended on how hard I pushed it. Didn't pay attention though.

This last time it was pretty bad though. It smoked all the way down the freeway. I felt bad for anybody that was behind me. I didn't push it hard at all. Just cruising with my wife and son. That was on last Friday. The motor did seem a little sluggish than usual while this was happening. I did get on it a little to try and clear her out. That did help. The motor seem to come back to life and the smoke went to an instant minimum. Was still a little smoky but not anywhere near what it was. I took it back home and opened the hood to see that both valve covers had an oil stream coming from the oil breathers.

OK, so I was thinking correctly in not putting in the oil restrictors. I oil the top end by the timed #4 cam bearing. I have had the valve covers off a couple of times and the rockers seem to be getting enough oil. The baffles were put on by Indy. They drilled and mounted them for me. They are pretty stiff and seem far enough away. The grommet does not touch the baffle when installed. The breather is a K&N push type breather 1.25 opening.

Andy, I will investigate that setup further. That looks like that is the setup I will need. By the way, I have your aluminum timing chain cover on this motor. Love it!!

Is it a good idea to still do the compression test and leak down test or just focus on getting a better setup for the oil breathers?

I have never tried to post a picture so if someone could tell me how to do that, I would appreciate that.