I am getting oil out of the oil breathers on top of the valve covers. They are located towards the front of the engine near the intake on both passenger and driver's side. The valve covers have baffles in them.

Specs: 1969 Dodge Charger, 540 cui Hemi, Megablock, 4.375 bore x 4.5 stroke, Internal pickup for oiling, Miloden oil pan with windage tray, Indy 426-1 Aluminum heads, Solid roller cam, Valve lift .61 intake and exhaust, Indy cast aluminum valve covers, Open oil breathers with baffles, Fresh build, maybe 2,000 miles on it. Some track time. Block was worked, gone through by my machinist, and final torque honed. Rings were file fit according to the instructions.

I haven't done a compression test or leak down test to know if it is blow-by. I was wondering if there was anything else I should check (consider) while I'm at it?

I did not put in the oil restrictors in the heads because I had read horror stories about not enough oil to the top end on Hemis. I was thinking that it was on the safer side to have more oil than less? Should I put them in?