I've had a lot of different Mopar drag cars from bone stock 17 second street cars to half fast(9.0 at 147 MPH in the 1/4 mile) bracket cars, I have been sideways more than once in my cars due to junk dumped on the track that the track officials didn't see it until I was sideways in third gear above 85 MPH in it shock runaway
Luckily I have not hit the guard rail or another car, so far luck
I sold one of my old foot brake Pro bracket cars with leaf springs to a friend, I bought it back several years later and that dang car would not go straight under WOT confused
I learned later he had spun it out due to the U bolts were not tight on the shock plates and it cocked the rear end pointing it sideways on the passenger side, I did learn to gently steer that car to be able to make a full pass on the first day I raced it before fixing the issue, it was a mid 11 second car that was heavy, 3750 Lbs. with me in it work
I tell all the people I help to learn drag racing is that you don't have time to stop and think when the car is doing something your not expecting, if your worried about the car doing something during the run you don't like lift your foot off the go pedal and abort that run until you know it is fixed up
I have had to pedal more than one car during runs, but I did what I needed to do automatically without thinking about it, experience can be your friend during those situations work All thanks be to God for taking care of me during those times bow up
Be safe and live to race another day thumbs

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/13/18 06:52 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)