Just to set the record straight before getting anymore posts from the proponents of dot 5 that bad info is being passed around on this posting. I asked some questions. I didn`t post the questions to start a debate or a argument. My brakes felt odd. I removed the master cyl cover and was struck by the purple color of the fluid. I did no research on dot 5 before posting other then how to ID dot 5 fluid and then I posted my question here. I never heard any rumors or read any bad info as I have never been interested about finding out about dot 5 until I bought this car. I never had a car with dot 5 before. The dot 5 was installed by the previous owner. I was curious if dot 5 had any characteristics different from dot 3 or 4 or if I had to look for another problem on my car. I got the answer. The dot 5 will stay in the car and will not be removed. I will have to ask questions here as I am not a trained or seasoned mechanic and there are some smart individuals here. I find it hard to believe my questions can be turned around into a dot 5 bashing. It wasn`t meant to hurt anyone's feelings or disrupt anyone's day.