That 540rat dude was exposed on speedtalk years ago as a fraud. His test methods are rediculous and he uses a gear oil test to test engine oil.

Ignore anything that guy says.

Buy a QUALITY mineral break in oil and use it. I just did my own engine about two years ago. SFT cam with 145 on the seat and 400 over the nose with double springs. I didn't go through any of the crap of pulling the inner springs. Everything went fine.

The biggest issue with ring seating is to NOT slop a bunch of oil on the rings when you assemble the engine. I wipe the bores clean with Marvels Mystery oil until the paper towels come out clean. Some guys use ATF. Some use WD-40 even. Doesn't matter. Just get the bores clean.

Once that is done, I use a small amount of a QUALITY assembly lube on the SKIRTS of the piston so the SKIRTS have a thin coating on them and put the Pistons in. That's all you need for lube.

Make sure you have the correct lube on the cam. Make sure the lifters rotate in the bore. Make sure the engine starts. Don't sit there and crank on it. Prefill the carb.

Set the TOTAL timing at 40-45* BTDC before starting the engine. Don't try to time the engine at TDC. Too little timing is worse than too much on start up.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston