Like most NOOB's, I am terrified of the flat tappet/ring seating process!What is the reasoning behind not using synthetic oil for breaking in a flat tappet engine?I have seen opinions that state it is because of ring seating, but I have also read that moly rings seat immediately and it has nothing to do with oil.If you have read the oil blog of "540 Rat" https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/ all the "break in" oils are of very sub-standard protection and vary so much in formulation that it is apparent that there is no rhyme or reason to any of this.I almost think Mobil 1 5W30 is an ideal oil for this purpose because "5W30 Mobil 1, Advanced Full Synthetic, API SN, GM dexos 1 approved = 117,799 psi" is in the "Fantastic" category and it is affordable @$23 at Wallyworld.In contrast "30wt Brad Penn, Penn Grade 1, Break-In Oil, conventional = 56,020 psi" is in the "UNDESIRABLE wear protection" catagory!?All the break in oil are of dubious value protection-wise.I will not cheap out on this break in process....if I have to spend $10 a quart I will...but I don't see the logic in any of this?C'mon guys....fire away!

oil.JPG