Originally Posted By mopar dave
Ok Cab. This is the pan i bought from you. Thought you said to use 1/2 qt over pan capacity to avoid sucking pan dry thru 1/4? Thought it was a 8qt, nope its a 7qt. So you say to use 6qts? May be main problem with oil pushing out with high rpm.

That looks like the same Moroso pan I use and I run just 7 qts in it. My dipstick reads full with 7 qts in the pan. I use a standard PCV valve in my pass valve cover and a breather on the drivers side. The hose on the breather nipple is open and draws the air into the crankcase as the hose just goes down under the brake booster and I loop it once and let it point to the firewall. I did that in case the breather would spit any oil when racing as I did not want it to spit oil on my valve cover but it does not get any oil even in that hose. My valve covers have a nice working baffle in them since no oil seems to ever spit out of the breather I use. It works great on the street as my eng pulls enough vacuum that the PCV system works fine driving on the street and I have no problems or oil leaks when I race. But I don't race alot as its only been about once a year lately. Ron

This is a better pic of the breather as its just a standard breather used on some production cars but it works fine for my setup. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 06/18/18 08:52 PM.