Originally Posted By DusterDave
First of all, turn the damned boost up! I can fart and make 6 lbs. of boost! Turn it up to at least 10 lbs. Don't worry, your motor can take it! Not sure about the driver, tho..... wink

Secondly, I doubt that you are at the limits of your exhaust system. I ran a 3-1/2" exhaust system with the 3-1/2" Hooker AeroChambers, and my best time was a problematic pass of 9.16. I'd suggest uncorking it and see what the difference is.

I think this is correct. 6 lbs of boost is what the factories use on the stock engines to keep them out of trouble. My Cummins will make 26 lbs and it's a stock 12 valve with just some minor pump tweaks and a single 4" exhaust. I know diesels are different but come on, 6 lbs?

Turn up the wick and let it eat! Might require some tuning though to reach the full potential.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.