Originally Posted By 73cuda340
Originally Posted By Bob J
Yes drums are cheaper but I would rather give up 50hp and have better braking in traffic with no fad.

Where are you coming up with a 50 hp loss from the rear disc kit? Just the drag of the discs over the drums?

I meant if I had to spend the money on brakes and not buy that last 50hp I would do that.
On disk brakes not being better than drums, some may not. My wife's 03 Dakota R/T had factory single piston 4 wheel disc brakes I didn't think that it stop all that well. When the R/T was replaced when it was hit it was replaced with a 07 BMW X5 with sport suspension. It has 4 piston on all four and is heaver and that beast stops fast, not Porsche fast but tons better than the Dodge and that is with factory 20".
If you have to buy all new brakes for the Dana go with the Wilwoods you will like them. Myself I don't like the small single piston conversions as I don't think they add much to braking over drums. They are cheaper and have a place as 50's and old cars brakes are not that good, but I would still buy Wilwoods. I have first set Wilwoods for the front of a 57 mopar that Magnum Force built. I sent them my spindles so they could mock it up.

Last edited by Bob J; 05/25/18 09:24 PM.

07 Porsche C2 997.1 6spd DD and SCCA Solo II SS
68 Plymouth GTX Convert. 493cu Hotkiss Wilwood Classic air, Building for Solo II Cam
65 Chrysler 300 Convert. project
57 Desoto 2dr. Firesweep 392 Hemi,Wilwood Project with son
2003 Dodge Dakota R/T "DEAD"