Hey, guys.
Has anyone had fitment problems with their torsion bars?
I've mentioned this problem on the Forabodiesonly.com forum...but I'm 90% certain that it was my screw up rather than a spec issue with the product, though I don't know how I did it.

I have 1.08" bars from Sway-A-Way, bought back in December or so.
Stock ones came out pretty easily, passenger side Sway-A-Way torsion bar was a really tight fit going in and it took some effort with the help of the installation tool but it eventually worked out.

Driver's side bar (and yes, I paid attention to the L/R markings) is stuck 1/2 way in the sleeve on the unibody.

I just ruled out that the bar was stuck in the lower control arm since after loosening it up and moving it with a pry bar, I can see that the bar stays put while the LCA moves.

I had given the Sway-A-Way bar some pretty good whacks on the end trying to get it installed and gave up when it seemed like it was taking too much force...and I suspect that the hex-end has been distorted because that SOB is NOT coming out.

The guy I spoke with at Sway-A-Way (Randy?)seemed like a hell of a good guy. He was genuinely concerned with the bar not fitting and he said that they would be willing to sell me just one bar (even though I'm sure they're made in sets) but he didn't have any ideas beyond what I've tried to get the thing back out to measure it.

I have used the Mancini Racing torsion bar tool in my efforts to get it out...and yes, I've whacked it hard with the big hammer and it's still not moving.

Has anyone else had trouble fitting their bars?

What else can I try for getting this thing out?

Last edited by MRGTX; 05/14/18 11:15 AM.