Originally Posted By polyspheric
The static compression ratio does not change with boost.
The dynamic compression ratio does not change with boost.
The charge mass increases with boost.
The calculations such as new CR = old CR × (boost + 14.7) ÷ 14.7 are completely wrong.

Always assumed that was true, I mean by most of those calculators I have used, 8 PSI on a 9:1 motor comes out to something like 14.9 compression ratio. I know this motor can run on pump gas, although my worries come from my confidence in tuning and having a controlled environment to really check the tune, but if it were actually a 14.9 c/r with boost I don't think there would be any chance of it running on 93. You must be right about the cam too, I am assuming because the procharger builds boost with RPM unlike some positive displacement blowers, and works independent of the motor unlike a turbo, the cam seems fairly close to what I'd expect them to spec for an N/A motor. Not the first procharged motor of mine that happened with. On my chevy, I had comp spec me a cam for my procharged 396 stroker LT1 and the blower cam they spec'd was literally 1 degree off from the cam Brian Tooley Racing spec'd me out for when it was N/A.

I talked to a few local tuners around here and they all think I should just let it ride with the 4.75" pulley at 8PSI and 93. Everyone I've spoken to seems to think it would be plenty safe if I just start rich and creep up on timing/fuel slowly. I'm still a little worried though, I guess I just don't trust the accuracy of the FITECH (although most have had great success with it using boost) and I'm worried about starting too rich and hurting the rings.

Going with Meth injection is still on my mind.

I'd love to mix high octane fuel while learning the tune but from what I have heard, it'll pretty much be starting from scratch again dialing the tune in when I decide to switch to all pump gas...and I really don't want to be having to fill up with $10 a gallon race fuel all the time.

Last edited by 1mean340; 05/12/18 02:54 PM.