Finally got my 340 running half decent on all motor with the FITECH 1200 after battling a whole bunch of issues with E85. Now that i'm on pump gas, after a lot of logging and tuning, the system finally seems to be adjusting correctly.

I am ready to throw the boost back at it, but since this will be the first time boosting it on pump gas I am very worried about what I should be doing.

It's a 9.2:1 c/r 340 with ported w2 econo heads (about 295cfm), a 242/246 112LSA .609 lift cam and forged pistons. Boost supplied via intercooled procharger.

Right now I have autolite 65's in it. The pulley I have on the procharger was making 8psi when I was on E85.

Should I be worried about 8 PSI on this engine using 93 octane pump gas?
I have FItech controlling the timing.

My biggest questions are, will this be safe? What plugs should I use (2 steps colder, 1 step colder)? What should I do about timing? Where should my AFR's be to start?

I was figuring I'd back my total from 34 to 32 and then retard maybe 1.5 degrees for every pound (so total at max boost would be 20).

I'm new to boost tuning and felt much safer learning on E85, but I figure if I start very safe and sneak up on the tune little by little (maybe with the help of a pro tuner on a dyno) then I will be alright. If there is any serious risk of trying to do 8 psi on pump gas with this then I might have to invest in a meth injection kit.

Last edited by 1mean340; 05/10/18 02:53 PM.