Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
I don't know that this plays into anything at all but I am the same, kill the engine in the lights. We speculated that my issues may have had something to do with it as well. Mind you my issue was with a KB pump but still wondered if it was a factor at all...I had it happen to two different pumps and we tried various remedies. Finally just changed the pump never had an issue after that.

I can't see killing it in the lights would have any affect on the relief valve sticking, plus I have also let it drop back to an idle and it still stuck.

I think I may have 2 issues going on here # 1 is I think the bore is to large as it doesn't keep the valve centered allowing it to drop/tilt and catch when it try's to seat. # 2 may be what polysphere alludes to. If the reliefs in the valve were larger to allow it to start dumping the valve may never open far enough to clear the front of the bore and drop/tilt as it would be supported on both ends.

By the way I just downloaded my data from the weekend oil pressure was 97 lbs at the finish line.

Dave

Dave Covey