Losing oil pressure at end of run relief valve stuck open.

I’m running a complete Milodon dual pickup oil system with swinging pickup.
At idle I have 70 lbs, finish line 100+ at 7200 rpm using 20w50 oil.
At the end of 2016 I had the same this same issue, I replaced the Milodon 21206 cover which fixed it.

No issues through the 2017 season.

First race out 3 weeks ago lost oil pressure at the end of the run. Took relief valve cover off and valve was stuck open again. Shut engine off at finish line and towed back. Popped cover and “unstuck” valve each pass.

Returned home and removed cover, removed relief valve then chucked it up in lathe to radius the edge of valve. Polished the leading edge of the valve but I could still feel the valve clicking as it slides over the inside relief valve bore to seat. There is to much clearance between the bore and valve allowing the valve to drop down and the leading edge of the valve catches on the bore opening thus hanging it up.

I thought radiusing the valve would fix it but it didn’t. Another thought would be to make a stop to prevent valve from opening as far and catching.

I called Milodon prior to buying this one and was told they have never heard of this issue. Just my luck, I'm the only one..lol

3000.00 to put a dry sump on it would fix it but since I’m a bracket racer it just doesn’t make sense. Hell any of the other wet sump pumps cost half or more of dry sump, Titan, System One, P&P ect.

Anyone else had this issue and if so what is the fix. 285.00 to buy another cover to repair this for maybe 2 seasons is not economical plus it’s stupid. Anything out there other than a Milodon?

Thoughts"

Dave

Dave Covey