Starting to rework a 77 d150 with 440. I’d like a quiet ride, close to modern exhaust standards. That is without the modern cost. I looked on rock auto and for example a new age challenger muffler is like 1k-1500. Yikes.

That model 440 is pretty much a dog so I can’t be corking it up with restrictions to accomplish this unless I want to play little engine that could going up hills.

Thinking I’ll have the manifolds to start, as it has so many needs and I also dont want to capture the starter. I just don’t have the time I used to for taking all sorts of extra stuff off for simple repairs. Even if a set of headers is available that doesn’t capture, the cost would hurt things like getting a paint job.

Will run an x pipe as that has always suited me.

First thoughts are big mufflers and then also use a can type one near the back. That should cut out a drone, not sure it will be quiet enough. I could try a second set of mufflers before the cans, but would that be the ticket? Real estate might be a problem to since it all has to run down the pass side.

Will finish with repop road runner/super bee tips out back.

I want my fair share