Quote:

I'm building up a 400 low deck block for my '65 Dodge Coronet. It's a new old stock block that I found with stock flat-top pistons, crank, rods, etc.. I plan on using a forged 383 crank in place of the cast one that's in it now (As soon as I can find one that is!). I'm using an Edelbrock STR-15 crossram manifold and will be using a set of 625 cfm Carter AFB's. Using 1 7/8" headers and a Lunati bracket master II cam w/ advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 292/292 Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .480/.480, RPM Range: 2500-6000. I just bought a set of 915 HP closed chamber heads with the larger 1.74" exhaust valves. My question is this: has anybody used a set of these 915 heads on one of these low compression motors? Does anybody know what compression this is going to give me using the stock flat-tops? Any advice on how to make this combo work for me would really be appreciated? This is going to be a street driven car.

After reading your post, it reminds me Chrysler built PACKAGE cars. Just seems like a mishmash of parts. Stroke the motor, if you are gonna change the crank, lets pump it up. A new set of pistons, and you are at 451 or more. Get with Rapid340 for a cam recommendation, call John Cope for a torque converter and set your rear axle up with a nice sure grip and proper gearing for how you roll. Make sure you have good brakes,(disc it!) and rebuild the front suspension, and rear while you are at it. And have fun! 65 'Nets are beautiful cars, as you already know.

This space available for rent