Quote:

Quote:

You may have a problem with using that cam and the low compression. Your slugs are going to be .090-.110 in the hole, so piston to valve clearance shouldn't be a problem. Use a thin head gasket and mill the heads as much as you can. If new pistons are and option, that's what I would do. Those are cast pistons and won't hold up to that paxton you want to put on

Or you could go with a little less duration, or degree it in 4* like on a 110 center line.

If you think 100 runs is good, god bless ya. I would not recommend cast pisons on a s/c or NOS motor. Will it work, yes for a while(as in your case). A forged piston motor with good rod bolts and studs will last forever(well, you know what I mean)

sure they will...as long as you keep gas fed to them. I used stock 9:1 Speed Pros on my S/C'd 440. I did burn up #3 once when I forgot to turn on the electric fuel pump, but I had at least 100 runs on those cast pistons.
the 915's will help. If you have the engine apart why not have the block cut down?? and why a 383 crank anyway?