Here's my 2-cents.

1. JohnRR is exactly correct. You need to run a stock height intake manifold. I'm not positive which ones are stock height. The 440-style (GTX) air cleaner gives you about 1" more clearance for a 1" taller intake vs. stock. Airgrabbers are SUPER tight for hood clearance.

2. Tempest idea of a drop base is good except it is not compatible with a 69 airgrabber air cleaner....unless you cut up an airgrabber base and graft it in. (69's are big oval air cleaners, even the 4bbl ones).

3. Your cam sound reasonable...."maybe" one step larger, but for good drivability it sounds about right. You will get 100 opinions on the cam. Some people on here are much more knowledgeable than I am on cams.

4. I would suggest a Holley 750 vacuum secondary (WAY better gas mileage), but for a track car, a double pumper with the 4spd would be good. You might look at some of the performance Holley-style carburetors too if you plan to race.

Last edited by PurpleBeeper; 03/27/18 11:06 AM.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"