Quote:

i'm in the process of converting to electric fuel pump and have 2 more questions:

- what do i do with the old stock mechnical pump? just unscrew it, pull it out and close the hole with a block off plate? or is there anything else to it?

- how do i properly hook the pump up? can i just go with a relay or do i need an additional circuit breaker? and (maybe the dumbest question: where is the best place to splice the pump into the ignition switch circuit?

i'd really appreciate your help!

Subscribing...

But, I plan to keep my mechanical pump "in serial" with my new Mr Gasket mini electric fuel pump. I'll switch the electric pump on in certain situations.

My Carter 6psi mechanical pump "decided" to start leaking, so I installed a wimpy stock fuel pump in its place.

Painless sells a nice wiring kit with relay. Mancini and Summit have this kit in stock.

I'm thinking of installing the electric pump on the rise in the trunk to floorpan transition.

PS Important safety tip : Wear steel toed shoes or sturdy boots when removing/installing fuel pumps. I did NOT follow this tip and dropped a new fuel pump from great heights upon my unshod foot's instep. Still hurts. Good luck.