I don't know which was the first but a few stick in my head. Around 2000, the street racing scene was very big around here. A guy I know (not very well) has a 89 Mustang with an Incon twin turbo kit. I rode in the car one night and at the time, I think it was making around 600HP at the wheels. The guy hammered it at about 60-70 MPH and the car broke loose and went side ways until about 110MPH. The electric poles just started to fly by. If I had to guess, he probably let off at 160 MPH. The 140MPH speedo had been buried for a little bit so; I don't know how fast we were going.

Years later, I was in the guys shop and got some pictures of the crank laying on the floor in pieces, with pieces of the block attached to it which came out with the crank. A few years after that, back in his shop and it was back together making 1050HP at the tires. I've just always been impressed with the car. Very stock looking, doesn't sound like much, still gets good MPG's, everything works and it could be a daily driver.

I've had two cars on his dyno and have felt inadequate when making pulls knowing what kind of power the thing has seen.

Racing snow mobile impressed me; the brakes did not. Hit a ditch going 50MPH; just did have enough field left before reaching the road. Some side by sides and Raptors have really impressed me over the past few year.