Quote:

due to the different divisions of Chrysler being operated separate from one another. For example Mopar Performance can not just tell the assembly plant what to do...it doesn't work that way.

It's going to take someone at or near the very top of the entire corporation....someone that has direct influence over everyone to make it happen. The business case needs to be built and presented properly, which is time consuming.

I don't think anyone would want an actual scrap body because it can literally be anything. It might be perfect other than a few runs in the paint, or it might be welded together 8 inches out of square. I'm pretty sure folks would be unhappy if they paid nearly 5 grand for something that wasn't welded together properly.

For $4990, the least somebody could expect is something that's been put together right....OK the paint may not need to be perfect but that's about as far as I'd go with that idea.

This kind of reminds me of how SRT was apparently started. A dude (forget his name, sorry) went up to Wolfgang Bernard and asked if they could make the SRT4. Wolfgang said go for it, as long as it is a profit center and then told the dude he use to run AMG back in Germany.....