Originally Posted By Dilbert
Year of experience using engine stabilizers or torque straps dictates the use of 2 stabilizers, one on each side. There is nothing better than the schumaker design and the design works well. This set up does not transmit excess vibration to the car.
The old school thought of a right side solid mount and a left side regular mount is still old school and is a band-aid solution. The Schumaker design adapts very easily to the right side.

By only stabilizing one side an excessive amount of force is now applied against the right side motor mount. This compression on the right side mount the mount causes the drive line to twist in place and pushes the right side collector down and eventually tears the right rear muffler hanger. The mount will eventually fail. Using the high quality mounts available like mity mounts helps but they are not a substitute for 2 stabilizers. As this is the internet...and of course since i won't post a pic of said type failure I have no clue what i am talking about....
drive

I don’t doubt your point about the Schumacher system to be completely valid, and I’m going to stop short of saying you don’t have a clue; but....... I’ve been running the system you say causes all kinds of problems for 8 years, car gets raced regularly, has a full exhaust system with tailpipes and muffler hangers..... I’ve never seen one of the problems you mention. Same motor mounts and exhaust system for 8 years.
shruggy

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120