Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Summit here on my 69 B-body.

Fit was fixed with a hammer. Starter access is ruff... but they work.

i've heard a lot of people talk about getting out the hammer and how installing headers was such a pain...i had no problems with the install, no modifications of any kind to the headers or other parts. i believe i read that all of the headers produced for the BB mopars are virtually the same, yet so many are having problems

No 2 mopars are the same. Maybe yours fit because the guy who welded up the subframe was less drunk/stoned then the guy who did mine.

Would i buy another set of summit headers? For $70 bux ya. Would i expect them to fit like a $700 set of TTI's? Heck no.

yeah 'aint that ture "no two are the same" and even the high mighty TTi's have issues. For the price they charge that entire exhaust system should jump out of the box and install itself while you drink a cool one.

My TTI's fit perfect the first time, BUT the first thing in the instructions is to shim the engine per their specs before you begin the installation of the headers. I could afford them, not everyone can but why bash them because they are expensive. If you can't afford them there are cheaper ones, but you have to make them fit. You get what you pay for

I can afford them, who said I couldn't? I've used all kinds of headers on A and B body's, small and big blocks. I've been able to install them w/o many of the headaches people have. But then again I take my time, Jack the motor up, tilt it, remove the steering column if need be.
Shim kit??? if they are so great you'd think they make so you wouldn't need a shim kit.