Originally Posted By 70RT Charger
Originally Posted By TC@HP2
There are a few advantages of a coil over system compared to most stock systems. Typically, they are compact and lightweight. They also offer a broad ranges of spring rates from very light to super heavy and are separated by only 50# increments. They allow fast spring changes and easily adjustable ride heights.

So, if you need a lightweight systems with access to multiple rates that allow quick changes, then a coil over system is for you.

If you prefer a set it and forget it approach for something that allows you to have fun driving your vehicle, then you most likely only need to step up the rates slightly, improve your alignment specs, and get better tires.

Hotchkis and Firm feel can offer you stock based systems that can be incrementally upgraded over time, or all purchased at once for a complete make over. A call to discuss either approach and specific items recommended would be time well spent.

The shotgun approach is simply 1" t-bars, 1.125" front sway bar, XHD or equivilent leaf springs, better shock control, 2005 Mustang GT alignment specs, and 200 treadwear tires.
That sounds reasonable enough. Just deciding which brand of parts seems the battle but I do love the Qa1 lower tubular control arms and I can get them at Mancinis for a descent price

The tubular upper and lowers will not change any seat of the pants feel on a street cruiser setup like yours.

Purely for looks.

The basic setup "shotgun approach" highlighted above with your borgenson box should work fine. Bilstein RCD shocks should be sufficient too. You might get some added precision steering/driving feel with a firm feel roller bearing idler arm conversion and steering support.

Moog offest rubber upper control arm bushings should help you get the alignment right. I'd go with rubber lower bushings too for a street cruiser.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 02/11/18 03:43 PM.