I phoned the Moog tech line today.... spoke with Jerry. He commented that the usage of the anti-seize on the studs and threading should not have made any difference to the functioning of the ball joint. He said the studs of the ball joints are tough and rather stiff, but they will loosen and become more free as the car is used. The studs should twist L-R as the spindle is also turned L-R.

I'm going to disassemble the BJs and clean-up the anti-seize, anyway, and re-torque carefully. Also, I'll see if the LBJ can be moved by disconnecting the UBJ first, then leveraging the spindle so to see if the LBJ stud will actually move. If I'm not pleased, I may just go ahead and purchase/replace again the LBJs.

One other thing, when I first torqued the passenger side together, I was torquing with the tall rubber snubber (under the the UCA), which I have extended the height, against the UCA, in other words, the rubber snubber was being compressed as I tightened the spindle upper and lower nuts... possibly making the effort tighter.... and that's the spindle assembly with much more friction making it difficult to turn L-R. However, when I re-did it without the snubber, it made no difference.

Then, when I did the driver's side, I didn't install the extended rubber snubber, so, it was easier to torque the nuts.... less friction overall turning the spindle L-R.

So, maybe I may just need to replace the passenger side LCA... ;possibly it was extensively over-tightened within its guts.

Learning lessons! I'll let everyone know of the final outcome.

T/Anks!

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 02/07/18 12:30 AM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!