I'm replacing my older front spindles with '73-up so to install the 11.75" Cordoba rotors (still to buy); engine is out and won't be installed until a few months from now. I've purchased new Moog Lower Ball Joints; Upper Ball Joints still good, not loose, etc... reusing them. I've also welded the K-frame and added lower control arm reinforcement plates (all Firm Feel, etc); engine bay also re-done like new!

When I torque the UPPER BJ nut (100 ftlbs) and the LOWER BJ nut (80 ftlbs.. per my Challenger spec manual) then try to turn the spindles by hand L-R, there is a lot of effort required... doesn't seem correct... very tough to turn L-R by hand.

I had used anti-seize lube on the UBJ and LBJ studs and threads, so, disassembly was easy.... re-did the install, same results. I've noticed the UPPER BJ stud turns when I grab and turn the assembly, but the LOWER BJ stud doesn't turn.

Could the anti-seize be causing the LOWER BJ stud NOT to turn, even though its torqued to 80 ftlbs?

I had also re-greased the UBJ and LBJ with red synthetic grease, gushed out to assure enough was inside.

The UPPER BJ stud (attached by itself) allows free motion of the spindle (and not loose or wobbly), but when I attached and torque the LOWER BJ stud, that's when the problem seem to develop -- very difficult to move the spindles L-R.

Could these new LOWER BJs be bad? Why are they so tight and won't move (twist) like the UPPER BJ stud?

I'm tempted to buy another pair of LOWER BJs (perhaps Moog, again); maybe a different brand. I know for a fact that the OEM front suspension parts (BJs, tie-rods/ends, etc) were all from TRW -- they supplied the dominance of the OEM big-three suspension parts back then), but they are hard to find in the aftermarket.... Moog is pretty dominant now.

Any helpful advice or replies will be appreciated.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!