Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you look at the dyno test fast68plymouth did on his 383 the stock intake leaves about 40HP on the table vs. the RPM , no other changes .

Anyone have a link to that study?

It's in the tech archive ...

This is the best I could find , alot got lost on the cutting room floor . I remember 40-50 HP with the intake change but that may have also been with the carb change to the carter 750 because I would have run that exact combo on my motor most of the time ??? , but the chart here is showing almost 26 ??? I read thru this real quick and didn't see that actual test and what Dwayne had to say .

383 dyno results

Thanks john.
I read that but it looks like they cut out the intake comparisons and focused on the carbs.

im reluctant to buy stuff that wont swap over to my 440..i guess ill just keep a eye out for a used RPM.

I'm guessing now after reading it all it was the intake carb combo that gained the HP I remember . The big thing is his cam and headers do also make a difference in the grand scheme of things . I have an RPM in my pile o'intakes for a low deck , hopefully I get it on a running engine this year

Last edited by Johnahah; 03/07/09 06:33 PM.