I am behind in an article I was making for on-line reading for moparts front suspension where I checked and weigh the pro's and con's of different suspensions I have checked. Most commonly mentioned suspension is XV, QA1, Magnum Force and FFI, So I purchased or met with people who had purchased these components and did inspections on these parts. Magnum Force Transformer was what I went with on my cuda due to the strength of the k-member and header clearance and improved geometry needed for road courses. FFI was what I went with on my Charger as it was stock appearing and improved road handeling for 'spirited driving'. Magnum Force tubular on "Doom Buggy" drag/street car (that could change as I'm always flipping stuff around). QAI and XV will talk about another time and will address the concerns on the 'Transformer". The weigh savings does not come from the construction of the k-member itself, but of the components it no longer uses. Remove the cast iron steering box, pitman arm, idler arm and center link and use a late model aluminum rack n-pinion, that will save weight. Remove the pressed steel upper control arms and replace them with stronger chrome moly tubing and no torsion bars will save weight. I find that most folks using this setup tend to go with modified engines which use lighter components and need better exhaust clearance. When you calculate brake parts used, that could go up or down in weight as it's dictated by the use the car will be foe. he 'Transformer' allows you to pick which spindle you want 9stock or "2 inch drop so you have more choices on braking. These will reduce weight when totaled out in comparison to stock parts. The Magnum Force suspension cradle is made of very thick, USA made steel and done by certified welders which keeps the consistence of quality. I'm heading out to work, be back Wednesday, see if I need to post anything else if you need more info. pics are hard t upload here, but will try when I have some time.

Here is a video on one car that wanted to use the magnum force suspension,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDTmhH6HVGM

Last edited by migsBIG; 02/05/18 08:19 PM.