Originally Posted By TC@HP2
Originally Posted By migsBIG
Magnum Force Has better design and strength. After 4 years of checking around and comparing suspension of 5 choices, I went with the Transformer. Easy to assemble, improved geometry, track proven, k-member strength is like 5 times stronger than stock (and most others out there). Suspension parts are not the 'mustang II' style most shops use. I have two builds going on right now and using their parts on both of them. I even plan on using their lower control arms on a future off-road project in the future.

Better and stronger...by comparing all the manufacturers propaganda or as verified by a third party? Anyone can say anything and assign numbers to it from their solidworks program and then sell it so I'm always leery of big claims like 5 times stronger than stock.

The Transformer set up looks massive, yet they are also claiming lighter weight than stock. Looking at the shear size of those parts and combined with their lightweight claim, they must be constructed of some thin wall material. That would give me some pause for a street vehicle. Maybe they are great, maybe not. I really don't know since I've not used any of their stuff. One thing I do like about the XV set ups is they are using OEM proven components from C4 Vettes. GM put more R&D and testing into those than all the mopar aftermarket manufacturers combined. I'd tend to say they are pretty sound.

Agree, I'd love to see a finite element analysis of that k-frame, I bet it doesn't look very good unless its made out of some extremely thick metal. If it's thin, I bet it's very bendy and has some serious stress risers, especially in the area around the mounting for the steering rack. There's also a lot of flat metal without any darts or ribs, and sharp corners made without gussets.

The upper and lower control arms are likely fine though.

'70 Duster 470hp 340/T56 Magnum/8 3/4 3.23 Sure-Grip