Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
Originally Posted By gregsdart
Your comments about wanting to get into the tens make me think a bigger cam, single plane intake, bigger carb, and restalling the converter to 5,000+ is the way to go. And it sounds like you don't have a cold air system? That is leaving a lot on the table.
I would do any gear change last. Consistancy at this power and speed level come from back to back 60 ft numbers, and accurate shift rpm. When i was running 9.50s and went to an airshifter with rpm switch, i saw my times narrow by .02. Having the 1/2 shift happen further down track is a help, and once you have the cam/converter combo up well above the torque peak, the old rear gear ratio has less
Effect on ET, but good effect on cosistancy.

Hey Greg, the cam would likely be my next engine move. But I'm hoping I'm done under the hood for a while at least. Current cam, as outlined, is a pretty good lobe profile (Engle KV-3) topping out at grosst .573 / net .555 lift. So I'm leaving a decent amount of my heads potential on the table. Going to a 1.6 rocker, or simply more cam to make use of the heads potential up around .600 valvelift seems like it would yield results. But I realize that is only a theory. Not sure about your carb thoughts. Currently running a 1000 4150. I think this carb is plenty. Don't want more converter because I drive this car on the street regularly.
Basically, as long as I get near bottom 11's, I'll be satisfied and turn my future efforts towards shedding weight, as that would not only help it go a little faster, but also make it easier on parts.. The car currently carries every bit of its factory stuff. A nice fiberglass hood, bumper, and maybe removing the original am radio in favor of a delete plate, along with a few other tricks could negate the weight of the bar, and effectively move that weight rearward.
Can't wait for spring.....

Well, if you street drive it, whole new deal. More like fine honing about what you have.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky