I was outside fixing a wiring issue on my truck today and had some time after to mess with the coil wire on the Road Runner.

After searching for the wire for 30 minutes, I located it and compared the connector to some MSD connectors I have. I noticed that the Firecore connector on the coil wire was completely smooth whereas the MSD connector has three small nubs on the it where it makes contact with the coil female connection.

I had some new MSD connectors which made positive contact with the female end on the coil but, they were too long. I cut the connector down, cut the original connector off the Firecore wire, crimped on the new one and now I'm good to go.

FYI- I'm not bashing the Firecore wires at all. They are nice wires and I'm very happy with them. When dealing with old cars like this, that could have any number of coils, I'm sure Firecore or any other wire company just can't account for all possible combinations that their customers might be using. I chalk it up to par for the course when hot rodding.