Originally Posted By AndyF
Head choice for a street car should take into account the exhaust system. If you are going to run headers then make sure you can find a set that works with the angle plugs. If you are going to use manifolds then you probably want to run a straight plug head.

I think the 240 head is the best choice for your engine if you can find a header that fits properly. You might be able to fit a 383 Performer RPM under the hood but you'll just have to check it.

Another way to go would be EFI. A throttle body is shorter than a carb so that might help with hood clearance. Also, the engine will run better with EFI and it will last longer.

EFI........... down Learn how to tune the "original" bad ass fuel/air metering manifold cooling device and you'll "get it"..........It's funny to me that you're suggesting/running EFI on your street cars after all of that max hp carb stuff you posted in your book and on here........ work beer

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....