Need some advise on cylinder heads for my next engine build. The car is a 68 Charger, auto, 3:54 rear. I've been working on the car for about a year upgrading it to handle the more powerful engine. Chassis, brakes, cooling, rear, suspension, is complete and drivetrain is next. Transmission will be from Cope. Converter wont be picked until engine is run on he dyno. Engine will be 400 block with 440 source stroker kit. Final cubic inch should be about 512. A couple of things about the car: not a race car, 100% street. It will not hook up. I'm unwilling to cut the car for the appropriate suspension to make it hook up. Everything has to fit under the stock hood. That will restrict intake and I'm good with that. Finally, torque is more important than HP. Big engine is bragging rights and for fun. So that being said, Trick flow is at the top of the list. Which head would work better for this application: 240 or 270? Cam will be hydraulic roller. Secondly, knowing that this engine will make more useable power than really needed, would it better to go the Eddy heads? I have a 496 with Eddy heads (with some work done to them) and it's a hell of a fun car to drive. The engine will be professionally built and all necessary upgrades complied with. Is there another option? Finally, I don't mind paying more for better parts. Your thoughts?
Frank